Monday, November 11, 2013

Checking In

It has been quite some time since my last post!  That is mostly due to the fact that I have been incredibly busy with the start of the school year, and have not been traveling.  I also have not been eating out much.  I have discovered the joy of cooking simple, delicious food at home.  It's part of my new goal in life - to enjoy being home more, and not out running around all of the time.  So instead I've been making soups, stews, chilis, and very simple meals with grains, beans, tempeh, and lots of veggies.

That being said, I did check out brunch at Root this weekend, and it was fantastic!  They seat you for brunch, which is different than dinner, when you order at the counter (At least that's how dinner was when I went for the first time when it first opened this summer.  Maybe it's changed since then?).  My friend and I had a nice, relaxing meal, with ample time between coffee and our entrees, but not too much that we were wondering where our food was.  We decided to get a sweet and savory dish and share.  So we ordered the vanilla waffles, which came with a delicious pumpkin spread and whipped cream - they were amazing!  We also ordered the tofu scramble, which had a delicious, "creamy" sauce and came with potatoes served with their sweet, homemade ketchup.  We were highly satisfied with our choices, though I want to go back and try some of the other goodies on the brunch menu.  We ended our food event with some ice cream next door at FoMu - pumpkin spice for me, and banoffe pie for Faye.  The ice cream was excellent, as always.

And do not fear - I will be traveling next weekend!  I am heading up to Farm Sanctuary in New York to feed the turkeys and enjoy a delicious, vegan Thanksgiving meal.  I'm sure I will have lots to write about after that trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment